Monday, April 9, 2012

Timeline

Well, now that I'm done with the demo, I'm thinking I better start planning how I want to release the game.

I should note how planning, hilariously, always gets me motivated.  And how even more hilariously, my plans end up being turned upside down not soon after I start to execute.

The game theoretically has 5+ relationships, and each relationship has its associated story with approximately 10 plot points each.  I guess I could release the game in episodes?  In an ideal world, I'd like to give each relationship about 2 months of development time.  Of course, the wild card is the fact that I'm learning as I go, and quite frequently I can get stuck in code or have some issue with GIMP that sets me back a few days.

This is definitely the most Don Quixote-ish thing I've ever done.  I have no idea if more than a handful of people will want to play this.  I have no idea if those who play it will even like it.  It's an act of sheer faith and possible chemical imbalances with which I make this game.

So June 10th, then, for Chapter One?  Somehow I gotta get caught up on RenPy and GIMP within that time frame...

2 comments:

  1. I advise you to keep on trucking, my friend.

    This was always something I'd been interested in doing, and I wish you the best of luck in going out there and doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you the encouragement!

      RenPy is pretty easy to learn, so you should jump in when you get the chance!

      Delete