Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Needed for My Barebones Short Game Demo


  • 4 character sprites: Penny, Mark, Alex, Cody (probably without expressions for now)
    • left to do: clean up and color Mark and Cody, clean up Alex
  • at least 4 backgrounds: apartment, bar, class, hall
    • left to do: recolor class, make just a black bg?
  • coding
    • script outline and basic dialogue complete, left to do: code it in Ren'py
I'm estimating I still have about 2-3 weeks left of work before I can get my game up and running.  It will be very flawed, and I probably will want to redo all the art, but I'm hoping it will be playable.

At the moment I'm spending about 5 hours a day on coloring and drawing.  On the weekends I'm spending about 8 hours a day on those things.

I've noticed that I originally planned to do all the coding and writing first, but it seems things have actually unfolded in this order:

  • outline and map of game
  • basic drawings
  • backgrounds
  • character sprites
  • coding ?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment