Saturday, March 24, 2012

Update!!!

All righty!  First thing's first, I'm ditching Tumblr and going back to Blogger.  Yep, out with the new and in with the old.  Main reason is, my husband can't even see my blog.  I think you have to register to see Tumblr blogs?  Which I feel is sorta strange, right?  Not something I'm used to when it comes to blogging.

So anyways, I've migrated my posts back to blogger.  Ah, that familiar, so-very-90s orange B.

Secondly, I've made some changes to the game plan.  I thought I'd write a complete relationship within the span of two weeks and start working on the art work, but honestly, I'm really worried my art work is what's in need of the most TLC.  I'm just going to make this game "demo size" and start worrying about the art work NOW.  So I've done most of the writing...all of which will now need to be coded.  But since it's pretty simple, I'll be able to devote more time to drawing.


This maaaay be the main character, Mark.  Not quite sure yet.  As I mentioned in the forums, my secret wish is to be able to keep his hands shoved in his pockets and stick with that one expression the entire game.  But realistically, I suppose that can't happen.

Right now I'm practicing my figure drawing from Characterdesigns.com, which has a bunch of great photosets that shows male figures in action poses.  I dunno if any of my characters will ever be wielding a katana in their everyday college world, but you never know.

I haven't totally settled on a style either, e.g. what level of cartoon-y I want to characters to be.  The main thing is I hope the player can connect and feel empathy for them, and you know, maybe crush a little over them too.  Hrm.

No comments:

Post a Comment