Saturday, March 24, 2012

Writing (Week 1)

Ookami Kasumi from the lemmasoft forums recommended using a mindmapping app to outline a game.  I went on a shopping spree this weekend and download a couple of different things for my ipad, one of which was iThoughtsHD.  It looked a little intimidating to use, but as soon as I opened it up, it was a cinch to start mapping out my game.  Very smooth, easy, and fun to use!  Works well with Dropbox too, which is fantastic.
The tough part now is keeping the game simple enough so I’ll be able to complete it by my deadline.  The storyline I came up with involves an additional character and of course, additional backgrounds.  Yikes.  I’ve been told how producers look at scripts differently than writers: how each person and prop and effect and scene imposes a new $$$ figure.  I definitely get it now!  Each new element I bring in means much more work for me.  :-/
The other tough part is trying to figure out how double blackmail is going to work in the storyline.  Without giving away too much, the player does something to save somebody else, but I haven’t found a creative solution yet of how this is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment